Structural Engineer

Services, costs and hiring best practices - proven tips for getting great Structural Analysis And Design Service

November 2016

When hiring and working with a Structural Engineer, every homeowner needs to know: What services does a Structural Engineer commonly provide? What is the best way to find good prospects? What should I look for when I interview the Structural Engineer? And most importantly, how do I make sure that the Structural Analysis And Design Service is done right?

Use the following information to understand your options, make good decisions and get quality work at a fair price.

Structural Engineer - FAQ

Q How do I get good Structural Analysis And Design Service work at a fair price?

A Find a Structural Engineer that (i) has recently provided good work to someone you trust and (ii) passes a background services screening test. Compile a COMPLETE, detailed list of work and quality requirements (see the next section). Have the Structural Engineer prepare a "not to exceed" estimate. Agree on the final price, sign a complete written agreement (see below) before any work begins.

Q What should I expect to pay for Structural Analysis And Design Service?

A Most Structural Analysis And Design Service work is quoted at a fixed price, for specific service(s) or deliverables. The underlying hourly rate for a Structural Engineer ranges from $91 to $137 in most parts of the country. Usually, a minimum fee will be charged, which represents 1.5 - 2 hours of effort. In some cases, the quoted job price may be negotiable, particularly if other work is performed by the Structural Engineer.

Q Do I need to use a licensed Structural Engineer for my job?

A A professional Structural Engineer must be licensed to provide most Structural Analysis And Design Services. To check a Structural Engineer's license status, search the telephone directory or online for your state's professional license board or department. Contact the licensing authority to verify license standing and history for the business and individual.

Q Should I use an insured Structural Engineer for my project?

A Your Structural Engineer should carry adequate liability insurance for work related damages. Your Structural Engineer should also have workman's compensation insurance for job related injury or health risks.

Q Does my Structural Engineer need to be bonded?

A A bond is generally not required for Structural Analysis And Design Service.

Structural Engineer - Common Projects

A Structural Engineer can handle a number of jobs, activities and problems. The list below summarizes common Structural Analysis And Design Services. Follow the appropriate links below to learn more about cost, options and quality requirements:


Structural Engineer - Finding and Hiring

Hire a trustworthy Structural Engineer

Are you considering spending more than $250 with a Structural Engineer? If so, it is important to find a Structural Engineer matched to your quality and value expectations - and not simply hire someone that puts you at ease or wins your confidence.

The FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you find and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and create a fair agreement.

Service Options

Help the homewyse Community

We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!

  • Send your feedback or questions.
  • Share homewyse on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ using the buttons below: