Definitions: U - Flooring
underlayment is a material used to create a rigid, smooth and flat surface for finish flooring.
References - underlayment
See the following for additional underlayment information:
- Dream Floors: Hundreds of Design Ideas for Every Kind of Floor Charles Randall Inc; 2 edition, November 2005, Kathleen Stoehr, ISBN 1890379115
- Hardwood Floors Taunton Press, October 1990, Don Bollinger, ISBN Taunton Press (October 1, 1990)
- Green Options: Flooring City of Boston, Massachusetts, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Comparison Of the HERS Reference Home, HERS Rated Home & ENERGY STAR Reference Design Home United States Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Fundamentals of Residential Construction Wiley; 2 edition, February 2006, Edward Allen, Rob Thallon, ISBN 471681792
Service Professionals that can help with underlayment issues
Common projects involving underlayment
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!