Definitions: S - Framing carpentry
A subfloor is the surface created by setting boards or plywood panels over the floor joists, which serves as a solid base for the finish flooring system.
References - subfloor
See the following for additional subfloor information:
- Residential Steel Framing - Fire and Acoustic Details United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Framing: Floors, Walls, and Ceilings (For Pros By Pros) Taunton Press, May 2005, Fine Homebuilding Magazine, ISBN 1561587583
- Carpentry Glencoe/McGraw-Hill; 6 edition, January 2003, Mark Feirer, John Feirer, ISBN 007822702X
- Masonry (Best of Fine Homebuilding) Amer Technical Pub; 4th edition, September 2003, Leonard Koel, ISBN 826907385
- Value Engineered Framing United States Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
Service Professionals that can help with subfloor issues
Common projects involving subfloor
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!