Definitions: S - Framing carpentry
A stressed skin is a wall or panel assembly that combines structural framing with a closely bonded, shear rated plywood surface. A stressed skin surface has high strength and shear force resistance.
References - stressed skin
See the following for additional stressed skin information:
- Value Engineered Framing United States Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Conventional Light Frame Details City of Stockton California, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Advanced Framing Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Residential Steel Framing - Fire and Acoustic Details United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Framing: Floors, Walls, and Ceilings (For Pros By Pros) Taunton Press, May 2005, Fine Homebuilding Magazine, ISBN 1561587583
Service Professionals that can help with stressed skin issues
Common projects involving stressed skin
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!