Definitions: S - Design and planning
A standby is a component of piece of equipment that can be rapidly put into service when the primary equipment fails.
References - standby
See the following for additional standby information:
- Residential Housing & Interiors Goodheart-Willcox Co, May 2004, Clois Kicklighter, Joan Kicklighter, ISBN 1590703049
- Interior Design: Materials and Specifications Fairchild Pubns, October 2008, Lisa Godsey, ISBN 1563674874
- Estimating for Residential Construction Delmar Cengage Learning; 1 edition, April 2005, David Pratt, ISBN 1401879470
- Architectural Graphic Standards, Tenth Edition (Book only) Wiley; 10 edition, April 2000, Charles George Ramsey, John Ray Hoke Jr., ISBN 471348163
- Interior Graphic and Design Standards Watson-Guptill; 1st Edition. Edition, October 1986, S. Reznikoff, ISBN 823072983
Service Professionals that can help with standby issues
Common projects involving standby
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!