Definitions: S - Masonry
A standard brick is a clay fired brick that measures 3 5/8 x 2 1/4 x 8 inches.
References - standard brick
See the following for additional standard brick information:
- Masonry & Concrete Construction Craftsman Book Company; Rev Sub edition, December 1997, Kenneth J. Nolan, ISBN 1572180447
- Building with Masonry: Brick, Block, and Concrete Taunton, August 1997, Fine Homebuilding Editors, ISBN 1561581690
- Residential Foundations Taunton Press, October 1998, Dick Kreh, ISBN 1561583367
- Renovating Old Houses: Bringing New Life to Vintage Homes Taunton Press; 3 Rev Upd edition, December 2005, Michael Litchfield, ISBN 1561585882
- Get Your House Right: Architectural Elements to Use & Avoid Taunton Press, December 2003, George Nash, ISBN 1561585351
Service Professionals that can help with standard brick issues
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!