Definitions: S - Insulation & vapor sealing
sound attenuation is a process or method used to achieve sound deadening or absorption in a surface or structure.
References - sound attenuation
See the following for additional sound attenuation information:
- Insulate & Weatherize (Taunton's Build Like a Pro) Taunton Press, October 2002, Fine Homebuilding Magazine, ISBN 1561585548
- Noise Control Manual for Residential Buildings (Builder's Guide) McGraw-Hill Professional; 1 edition, July 1997, David Harris, ISBN 70269424
- Acoustics and Noise Control Handbook for Architects and Builders Krieger Publishing Company; Original edition, January 1998, Leland K. Irvine, Roy L. Richards, ISBN 894649221
- Insulation Handbook McGraw-Hill, November 2000, Richard T. Bynum, ISBN 71589856
- Thermal Insulation Building Guide Krieger Publishing Company; Original edition, February 1990, Edin F. Strother, William C. Turner, ISBN 088275985X
Service Professionals that can help with sound attenuation issues
Common projects involving sound attenuation
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!