Definitions: S - Framing carpentry
A softwood is a type of wood from coniferous trees, including pine, spruce and fir.
References - softwood
See the following for additional softwood information:
- Masonry (Best of Fine Homebuilding) Amer Technical Pub; 4th edition, September 2003, Leonard Koel, ISBN 826907385
- Value Engineered Framing United States Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Conventional Light Frame Details City of Stockton California, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Advanced Framing Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Residential Steel Framing - Fire and Acoustic Details United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, December 2009, Editorial Staff
Service Professionals that can help with softwood issues
Common projects involving softwood
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!