Definitions: S - Windows and exterior doors
The shading coefficient is the ratio of solar heat gain through a glazing system to the solar heat gain through a 3mm thick clear glass pane.
References - shading coefficient
See the following for additional shading coefficient information:
- Windows United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Exterior Doors United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Carpentry Glencoe/McGraw-Hill; 6 edition, January 2003, Mark Feirer, John Feirer, ISBN 007822702X
- Green Building Products, 3rd Edition: The GreenSpec Guide to Residential Building Materials-3rd Edition ICC (distributed by Cengage Learning); 1 edition, October 2009, International Code Council, ISBN 1435400631
- Elements of Energy Efficient House United States National Renewable Energy Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
Service Professionals that can help with shading coefficient issues
Common projects involving shading coefficient
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!