Definitions: S - Foundation
A settlement is a problem caused when portions of a building's foundation sink, causing the structure of the building to shift or move.
References - settlement
See the following for additional settlement information:
- The Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction American Society of Concrete Contractors, January 2005, American Concrete Institute, ISBN 870311670
- A Builder's Guide to Residential Foundation Insulation United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Concrete Foundation and Slab Inspection Checklist United States Department of Argiculture, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- ORNL Builder's Foundation Handbook Oak Ridge National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Moisture Control Handbook Oak Ridge National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
Service Professionals that can help with settlement issues
Common projects involving settlement
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!