Definitions: S - Exterior finishing
A self-furring nail is a type of nail with a spacer along its shank that is used to properly space wire lath away from the wall.
References - self-furring nail
See the following for additional self-furring nail information:
- Masonry & Concrete Construction Craftsman Book Company; Rev Sub edition, December 1997, Kenneth J. Nolan, ISBN 1572180447
- For Pros by Pros Exterior Siding, Trim and Finishes Taunton Press, February 2004, Fine Homebuilding Magazine, ISBN 1561586528
- Renovating Old Houses: Bringing New Life to Vintage Homes Taunton Press; 3 Rev Upd edition, December 2005, Michael Litchfield, ISBN 1561585882
- Get Your House Right: Architectural Elements to Use & Avoid Taunton Press, December 2003, George Nash, ISBN 1561585351
- Carpentry & Building Construction, Student Text Sterling, January 2008, Marianne Cusato, Ben Pentreath, Richard Sammons, Leon Krier, ISBN 1402736282
Service Professionals that can help with self-furring nail issues
Common projects involving self-furring nail
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!