Definitions: O - Masonry
Similar - open-ended block
An open-end block is a concrete masonry block with one end removed that is used to bond the masonry structure to vertical steel reinforcement within the wall.
References - open-end block
See the following for additional open-end block information:
- Masonry & Concrete Construction Craftsman Book Company; Rev Sub edition, December 1997, Kenneth J. Nolan, ISBN 1572180447
- Building with Masonry: Brick, Block, and Concrete Taunton, August 1997, Fine Homebuilding Editors, ISBN 1561581690
- Residential Foundations Taunton Press, October 1998, Dick Kreh, ISBN 1561583367
- What Your Contractor Can't Tell You: The Essential Guide to Building and Renovating Shube Publishing, January 2008, Amy Johnston, ISBN 979983800
- Renovation: Completely Revised and Updated R.S. Means Company; 2 edition, August 2002, Donald Reynolds and RS Means , ISBN 876296584
Service Professionals that can help with open-end block issues
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!