Definitions: M - Insulation & vapor sealing
A moisture meter is a tool that measures the moisture content of a specific material - most commonly wood. Moisture meters commonly use electrical properties of wood to estimate the moisture content.
References - moisture meter
See the following for additional moisture meter information:
- The JLC Guide To Moisture Control: Practical Details for Durable Buildings Journal of Light Construction, October 2007, Editors of the Journal of Light Construction, ISBN 192858036X
- A Builder's Guide to Residential Foundation Insulation United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Insulating a New House Oak Ridge National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Radiant Barrier Attic Fact Sheet Oak Ridge National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Energy Star Home Sealing United States Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
Service Professionals that can help with moisture meter issues
Common projects involving moisture meter
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!