Definitions: M - Insulation & vapor sealing
mineral wool is a fireproof insulating material fabricated in a wound fibrous form from glass or slag.
References - mineral wool
See the following for additional mineral wool information:
- Insulation United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Moisture Control Handbook Oak Ridge National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Insulate & Weatherize (Taunton's Build Like a Pro) Taunton Press, October 2002, Fine Homebuilding Magazine, ISBN 1561585548
- Noise Control Manual for Residential Buildings (Builder's Guide) McGraw-Hill Professional; 1 edition, July 1997, David Harris, ISBN 70269424
- Acoustics and Noise Control Handbook for Architects and Builders Krieger Publishing Company; Original edition, January 1998, Leland K. Irvine, Roy L. Richards, ISBN 894649221
Service Professionals that can help with mineral wool issues
Common projects involving mineral wool
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!