Definitions: K - Foundation
A key is a grove or channel in one object which is used to create a strong mechanical connection with a mated object feature that locks into the key.
References - key
See the following for additional key information:
- Moisture Control Handbook Oak Ridge National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- The Portland Cement Association's Guide to Concrete Homebuilding Systems McGraw-Hill Professional; 1st edition, December 1994, Pieter Vanderwerf, W. Munsell , ISBN 007067020X
- Masonry & Concrete Construction Craftsman Book Company; Rev Sub edition, December 1997, Kenneth J. Nolan, ISBN 1572180447
- For Pros by Pros Foundations & Taunton Press; 2nd edition edition, February 2003, Fine Homebuilding Magazine, ISBN 1561585378
- Building Code Basics: Residential: Based on 2009 International Residential Code BuilderBooks, January 1999, Jim Carr, ISBN 867184612
Service Professionals that can help with key issues
Common projects involving key
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!