Definitions: H - Finish carpentry
A hollow-core is a type of lightweight interior door built from a perimeter frame, thin panel faces and lightweight blocking in the door's core.
References - hollow-core
See the following for additional hollow-core information:
- Masonry (Best of Fine Homebuilding) Amer Technical Pub; 4th edition, September 2003, Leonard Koel, ISBN 826907385
- Finish Carpentry: Efficient Techniques for Custom Interiors Craftsman Book Company, November 2003, Gary Katz, ISBN 1928580157
- Trim Carpentry and Built-Ins (Build Like A Pro) Taunton Press , October 2002, Clayton Dekorne, ISBN 1561584789
- Cabinets and Countertops (Complete Construction) McGraw-Hill Professional; 1 edition, April 2000, Chales Self, ISBN 71348999
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork MacMillan Publishing Company; 5 Revised edition, July 1989, John Feirer, ISBN 25373552
Service Professionals that can help with hollow-core issues
Common projects involving hollow-core
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!