Definitions: G - Framing carpentry
glue laminated beam
Similar - glulam, glue lam
A glue laminated beam is a structural member manufactured from wood laminates and pressure bonded adhesive, used in building framing systems.
References - glue laminated beam
See the following for additional glue laminated beam information:
- Advanced Framing Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Residential Steel Framing - Fire and Acoustic Details United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Framing: Floors, Walls, and Ceilings (For Pros By Pros) Taunton Press, May 2005, Fine Homebuilding Magazine, ISBN 1561587583
- Carpentry Glencoe/McGraw-Hill; 6 edition, January 2003, Mark Feirer, John Feirer, ISBN 007822702X
- Masonry (Best of Fine Homebuilding) Amer Technical Pub; 4th edition, September 2003, Leonard Koel, ISBN 826907385
Service Professionals that can help with glue laminated beam issues
Common projects involving glue laminated beam
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!