Definitions: G - Painting & wallpaper
A ghosting is a defect in a painted surface that is evident by a shadowy surface appearance. ghosting is commonly caused by poor mixing or application of the paint.
References - ghosting
See the following for additional ghosting information:
- House Painting: Inside and Out (Fine Homebuilding) Taunton Press, October 1997, Mark Dixon, ISBN 1561581658
- Painter's Handbook Craftsman Book Company, November 1987, William McElroy, ISBN 934041288
- 2009 National Painting Cost Estimator Craftsman Book Company; Pap/Cdr edition, October 2008, Dennis D. Gleason, ISBN 157218213X
- Painting Contractor's Handbook McGraw-Hill Professional, November 2008, Dennis D. Gleason, ISBN 70633673
- Best Practices Guide to Residential Construction: Materials, Finishes, and Details Wiley, November 2005, Steven Bliss, ISBN 471648361
Service Professionals that can help with ghosting issues
Common projects involving ghosting
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!