Definitions: F - Windows and exterior doors
fully tempered glass
Similar - safety glass
A fully tempered glass is a type of glass (ASTM C 1048) that is to up to 4 times stronger than regular glass and which breaks into small and relatively harmless pieces.
References - fully tempered glass
See the following for additional fully tempered glass information:
- Windows United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Exterior Doors United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Renovation: Completely Revised and Updated R.S. Means Company; 2 edition, August 2002, Donald Reynolds and RS Means , ISBN 876296584
- Renovating Old Houses: Bringing New Life to Vintage Homes Taunton Press; 3 Rev Upd edition, December 2005, Michael Litchfield, ISBN 1561585882
- Get Your House Right: Architectural Elements to Use & Avoid Taunton Press, December 2003, George Nash, ISBN 1561585351
Service Professionals that can help with fully tempered glass issues
Common projects involving fully tempered glass
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!