Definitions: E - Windows and exterior doors
An edge clearance is the typical or design spacing between the cut edge of glass and the bottom of the glazing pocket.
References - edge clearance
See the following for additional edge clearance information:
- Windows United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Exterior Doors United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Comparison Of the HERS Reference Home, HERS Rated Home & ENERGY STAR Reference Design Home United States Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
- Fundamentals of Residential Construction Wiley; 2 edition, February 2006, Edward Allen, Rob Thallon, ISBN 471681792
- Best Practices Guide to Residential Construction: Materials, Finishes, and Details Wiley, November 2005, Steven Bliss, ISBN 471648361
Service Professionals that can help with edge clearance issues
Common projects involving edge clearance
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!