Definitions: B - Masonry
A brick type is a designation of a brick's size tolerance, susceptibility to chipping and distortion. FBS, FBX, and FBA grade solid brick. HBS, HBX, and HBB are for hollow brick.
References - brick type
See the following for additional brick type information:
- Masonry & Concrete Construction Craftsman Book Company; Rev Sub edition, December 1997, Kenneth J. Nolan, ISBN 1572180447
- Building with Masonry: Brick, Block, and Concrete Taunton, August 1997, Fine Homebuilding Editors, ISBN 1561581690
- Residential Foundations Taunton Press, October 1998, Dick Kreh, ISBN 1561583367
- Carpentry & Building Construction, Student Text Sterling, January 2008, Marianne Cusato, Ben Pentreath, Richard Sammons, Leon Krier, ISBN 1402736282
- Carpentry Glencoe/McGraw-Hill; 6 edition, January 2003, Mark Feirer, John Feirer, ISBN 007822702X
Service Professionals that can help with brick type issues
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!