Definitions: B - Insulation & vapor sealing
A batt is a form of insulation that is pre cut to fit between studs and joists in standard framing systems.
References - batt
See the following for additional batt information:
- Acoustics and Noise Control Handbook for Architects and Builders Krieger Publishing Company; Original edition, January 1998, Leland K. Irvine, Roy L. Richards, ISBN 894649221
- Insulation Handbook McGraw-Hill, November 2000, Richard T. Bynum, ISBN 71589856
- Thermal Insulation Building Guide Krieger Publishing Company; Original edition, February 1990, Edin F. Strother, William C. Turner, ISBN 088275985X
- The JLC Guide To Moisture Control: Practical Details for Durable Buildings Journal of Light Construction, October 2007, Editors of the Journal of Light Construction, ISBN 192858036X
- A Builder's Guide to Residential Foundation Insulation United States Department of Energy, December 2009, Editorial Staff
Service Professionals that can help with batt issues
Common projects involving batt
Hiring Local Professionals
Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!