Definitions: B - Glazing / mirrors

backer rod

A backer rod is an elastomeric material used to cushion and seal the gap between glass and framing in window and door systems.

References - backer rod

See the following for additional backer rod information:

Service Professionals that can help with backer rod issues

Common projects involving backer rod

Hiring Local Professionals

How to hire a trustworthy pro contractor for your project

Our FREE homewyse hiring guide helps you locate and hire great help, get quality craftsmanship and understand fair pricing on your specific project.

Help the homewyse Community

We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!

  • Send your feedback or questions.
  • Share homewyse on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ using the buttons below: