October 20, 2015
Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
In providing our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Log Information - When you use www.homewyse.com, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs include information such as your request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to track use trends of homewyse.com. None of this automatically collected technical information is associated with any identified person at the time it is collected, but it could be associated with you under two circumstances: First, if you choose to give us Registration data about you as described below, the technical information we collect that would otherwise be anonymous could instead be logged as coming from you; and second, if we are required to disclose our server logs as a result of a subpoena or other legal process, some third party such as your internet provider could match our anonymous technical information with you, using information beyond what is found on our servers.
- Third Party Services - We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit certain portions of homewyse.com. These companies may use information about your visits to homewyse.com and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We also use third-party services such as Add This to facilitate sharing of Homewyse website information through social media sites such as Facebook, Google+ and similar sites. These companies use anonymous information about your visits to measure overall page popularity and referral activity.
- Registration Data - If you register with Homewyse, we ask you for personal information (email address and an account password) so that we can authenticate you in our system. If you choose to pay for a homewyse service, we will also collect and store (with both homewyse maintained systems and third party systems such as Paypal or Stripe) personal information you supply including name, address, profile information, and credit card billing information. If you submit a support or feedback question, your comments and email will be captured in our system and third party systems such as Uservoice - so that we may respond to and archive your inquiry. We consider such personal data from these sources to be "Private Data," and subject to the "Personal Data Protection" paragraph below, with the following exception: Any data (the username you specified for your homewyse.com account, text, numerical data, estimator configurations, job description ) you post to a public section of www.homewyse.com (such as the Pro Prices Lists), linked to or from our site, or share via a social networking or an "Add this" function, will not be considered "Private Data" and will not be subject to the "Personal Data Protection" paragraph below.
- Personal Data Protection - Homewyse does not disclose to any third party Private Data you have given us, except as necessary for credit card processing and for complying with verified legal inquiries and directives. For credit card processing, your Personal Data is used by credit card processors to complete commerce transactions you authorize and guard against credit card fraud. For support and feedback issues, the email address you specify is used only to respond to your inquiries and requests. The only other exception, is if we are forced to disclose the information as a result of a subpoena or other legal process. You may correct or delete inaccurate Private Data information you have given us, although any credit card transactions that have already taken place will be unaffected. For legal reasons we may retain backup and/or archival copies of information prior to your corrections, amendments, or deletions. We take every reasonable precaution to protect your Private Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You are responsible for taking every reasonable precaution on your end to protect any unauthorized person from accessing your Homewyse account.
In addition to the uses of information described above, Homewyse will only share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of homewyse in the following limited circumstances:
- We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of homewyse, our users, or others.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
- We provide such information to trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We may combine the information you submit with information from third parties in order to provide you with better information and to improve the quality of our services. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Homewyse has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We encrypt critical portions of our database, use SSL in many of our services and deploy other industry best practices for form data submission protection. We review our hosting, information collection, storage and processing practices to guard against unauthorized access to systems. We restrict access to personal information to Homewyse employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
Homewyse processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
You can review and validate the information that we have collected about you by sending email to [privacy (at) homewyse.com] and requesting a review of your personal data. We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.