Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
We offer content access services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Registration - If and when you register with homewyse, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password).
- Log information - When you use homewyse, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs include information such as your request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links - homewyse may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search, content and advertising.
- Other sites - homewyse does not exercise control over the sites displayed as search results or links from within our various services. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
In addition to the above, homewyse uses personal and use information to:
- Provide our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising
- Maintain, protect and improve our services
- Ensure the technical functioning of our network
- Develop new services.
homewyse only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of homewyse in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information
- We provide such information to trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from third parties in order to provide you with better information and to improve the quality of our services. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of homewyse, our users, or others.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
homewyse has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All the data regarding users, their computers' system information and benchmark results are stored on a server.
homewyse processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Personal information
We provide our users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and from our partners at the point where we request information about the user.
You can review and validate the information, that we have collected about you by sending email to [privacy (at) homewyse.com] and requesting a review on your personal data. We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Notification of Changes