Cost of Formica® Solid Surface Countertops
This calculator is currently under construction. In the meantime, you may find the Quartz Countertop Cost Estimator - or the estimators in the Related Items section of this page - to be useful.
Formica Solid Surface Countertops - Pricing and Installation Cost Notes
- Homewyse cost estimates are "ballpark" ranges that should only be used for preliminary planning. Homewyse estimates are NOT substitutes for firm quotes from qualified vendors. Homewyse strongly recommends that you contact a reputable dealer/installer/designer for an accurate assessment of work required and costs for your project - before making any decisions or commitments.
- Countertop cost estimates are based on an exposed edge finishing length that is 60% of finished surface area, a single sink cutout, a faucet cut out and up to 2 inner edges. Other configurations may have significantly different costs.
- The variation in installation costs for complex configurations (non-rectangular shape, many corners, multiple levels, etc.) can be considerable. For accurate cost estimates, collect detailed bids from several qualified professionals.
- The homewyse Formica Solid Surface Countertop cost estimates do not include costs for backsplash.
- The homewyse cost estimates include all typical costs for leveling, sink cutout, deck mounted fixture cutouts, seam joining and edge fabrication.
- Higher priced Formica Solid Surface Countertops may include features/attributes that include thicker slab and more intricate edge fabrication.
- To maximize the payback of your Formica Solid Surface Countertop investment, use materials and installation quality appropriate for your home and neighborhood - but be careful not to over improve. Less expensive alternatives to Formica Solid Surface Countertops may provide a better return on investment.
- Formica Solid Surface Countertop installation costs vary considerably by location. For an accurate estimate in your area, enter your zip code in the calculator above.
- Reduce total project cost by having multiple vendors bid on the same, detailed work specification of your Formica Solid Surface Countertop project.
- Save on installation costs by combining similar jobs and by being willing to have your project completed during low demand periods for the vendor/installer.
- Save on material costs by shopping online or by choosing discontinued, odd lot, remnant or incorrectly ordered items from your retailer.
- Products here have trademarks as indicated by their first mentions on this page. These trademarks are property of their respective manufacturers. Email abuse (at) homewyse.com with any inquiries.
Formica Solid Surface Countertop - Pricing References
Formica Solid Surface Countertop - Related Items
Help the homewyse Community
We're a cooperative community that values and depends on your input. So, let us know - how can we improve this site? Would your friends and online contacts benefit from homewyse information? Make homewyse better for everyone - send your feedback or share this page. Many thanks!